The following websites should be reliable sources of information related to retinal diseases.
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The American Society of Retina Specialists
- The National Eye Institute
- Research to Prevent Blindness
- The Foundation Fighting Blindness
- Prevent Blindness America
- The American Diabetes Association
- Saving Vision.org
- Macular Degeneration Partnership
To learn about Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD), Diabetic Eye Disease, Retinal Detachment, and many more conditions, click here:
- Retinal Diseases
Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) is the leading cause of visual impairment among older adults in developed countries. Most treatments are directed toward the advanced stages of the disease. Prevention may be more likely to yield significant results than treatment. Toward this end, research has revealed that vitamin supplementation can be helpful in slowing the rate of visual loss in patients with AMD.
AREDS and AREDS 2- These large-scale National Eye Institute studies found benefits of dietary supplementation in patients with age-related macular degeneration to include Vitamin C, Vitamin E, lutein, zeaxanthin, zinc, and copper.
MACULA SAFE by Vox Nutrition
- Vitamin and Mineral Supplement based on the AREDS 2 formulation
- ONE TABLET PER DAY formulation.
- Economically priced. Shipping available. Call (810) 732-6231.